“Are you tired? Worn Out? Burned out on religion?”
Do you struggle to read the Bible consistently, or even at all?
Have you been questioning the existence of God and long to hear the sound of God’s voice?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above questions, the 52 Cups Challenge is for you. The 52 Cups Challenge is a low commitment, community-driven invitation to increase your intentionality with the Lord.
The Rules are Simple:
1. Schedule a date 1x a week to spend with God.
- Invite God into something you enjoy: drinking a cup of coffee/ tea, going for a walk, shooting hoops, whatever you choose!
This time represents your “cup.” Now you get to invite God to fill it.
2. Choose your devotional
- Call me biased, but I recommend my devotional book, Fifty-Two Cups of Coffee; it was created for opportunities just like this. However, I encourage you to use whatever book speaks most to you!
- Begin your quiet time by reading a reflection from the devotional of your choosing, but don’t stop there. What scriptures do they reference, what stories from the Bible come to mind? Look them up and allow God to lead you from there!
- Pray about what God has laid on your heart during your quiet time. Have questions? Bring them up. Is something weighing on your heart? Talk to God about it. Write it down. Say it aloud. Whatever you need to do. Let God hear your voice and wait for His response. He’s listening.
4. Schedule your next date
- Once you’ve finished, schedule a date for the next week. Write it in your planner or put it on your phone, and commit to showing up. Consistency is the key to success for this challenge.
So, why is it called the 52 Cups Challenge? Great question. As there are 52 weeks in the year, I challenge you to show up 52 times for God. One year. Let’s commit to one year of spending intentional time with God.
The 52 Cups Challenge is not about adding another thing to our to-do list or forcing us into “quiet time” with God. Nope. At the core of this challenge lies a gentle invitation to invite God into our lives… our real, imperfect, messy, beautiful lives. Scripture tells us that in God’s presence, there is freedom and fullness of joy; it’s time we experience what this truly means!
Want to do this challenge in Community?
- Join the Facebook Group Or
- Follow along using the #52cupschallenge hashtag on Instagram
I hope to see you there!
Natalie Allison Brown